Covance is seeking Healthcare Workers for our clinical operations team in our Leeds phase I clinic. Healthcare Workers will help support the team with the collation of clinical trial data from subjects.
This role will require to work flexible hours as early in the morning as late in the evening, weekends and bank holidays.
This is a hands-on, entry-level position within a very busy and demanding environment.
Working as part of a large team, you will play an active part in the execution of
clinical trials on behalf of our clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Accurately performs blood pressure, venipuncture, weights, pulse, respiratory rate, and temperature readings
* Preparation and accurate recording of ECGs/Holters
* Collection and processing of biological samples as specified in the protocol and ensures the proper distribution of those samples
* Monitors meals to ensure dietary compliance by research participants
* Assists in the preparation of rooms and medical equipment
* Assists with screening procedures as needed
* Maintains a clean, safe and efficient working and study environment
* Fosters respectful relationships with study participants
* Accurately records all research data obtained or observed
* Assists with QC of source documents and case report forms
* Maintains a basic understanding of current regulatory requirements
* Attends all required meetings, as appropriate.
* Assists, as necessary, with study procedures.
* Maintains accurate records of all work undertaken.
* Maintains skills to perform all study tasks, as required
* Maintains constant awareness of participant safety and dignity at all times.
*Handles participant complaints efficiently and effectively in order that their satisfaction is maintained.
* Ensures that client and participant confidentiality is maintained.
* Responds to client and team queries in a timely manner.
* Takes ownership for the quality and standard of own work.
* Other duties as assigned
* A good standard of general education, particularly in science subjects.
* Typically 0 – 1 year of clinical research experience