The Senior Financial Analyst Job Summary:
Responsibilities of the Financial Analyst include having an active involvement in the preparation of the annual operating budget and twelve month rolling forecast on a monthly basis, for primarily the Medical Devices (MDD) business. The Financial Analyst will also offer secondary support to the Clinical Pharmacology Services (CPS) business as required. This entails partnering with Operational Leadership teams for each area to develop forecasts, budgets and supporting them with any ad hoc data analysis for decision making purposes. At month-end, liaison with Controllership is required to ensure actuals are checked and any variances to forecast are understood and communicated. Effective communication and coordination of forecasts and projections is also required.
Responsibilities also include tracking, updating and reporting on key monthly financial indicators, supporting CER requests and business analysis, as well as establishing professional working relationships with all levels of management and non-management contacts within MDD and CPS. The Financial Analyst will also be responsible for supporting FP&A on ad-hoc projects as needed.
The Senior Financial Analyst has the following primary responsibilities:
- Help plan, develop, and prepare annual operating budget and monthly expense forecasts. Assist department management in preparation of strategies, budgets and forecasts and in understanding their costs. Develop tools to ensure effective manpower planning and reflect the results accurately in Work Force Planning. Ensure all data is complete and accurate in Hyperion.
- Participate in preparation of information for budget presentations, support required budget and forecast submissions to Corporate.
- Provide analytical support to MMD and CPS department management on all financial matters including (but not limited to) budgets, forecasts, performance metrics, financial analysis for capital requests, and process improvement initiatives. Build and maintain close relationships and partner with key business leaders to ensure that they have a good understanding of their business drivers.
- Provide analytical support for Capital Expenditure Requests. Meet with functional management to understand the request and gather all information necessary for analysis. Prepare the financial analysis utilizing the corporate / LabCorp CER model. Use additional means to develop and perform thorough analysis. Ensure managers monitor their capex spend against budget.
- Prepare and review regional month-end business performance reports for MOR’s etc. Analyze revenue, volume, variable cost, and expense variances. Recognize and recommend action to take when the Service Lines are under/over performance to plan.
- Utilize systems and develop tools to facilitate a deeper insight into business performance and support decision-making processes.
- Conduct ad-hoc financial analysis on own initiative or at request of senior management. Collaborate with colleagues across Global CDCS Finance.
- Interpret, explain and present financial information to the MDD and CPS Managers and any associated non-financial personnel.