COVANCE is a leading global drug development services company and we provide support to the Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology industries. We are recruiting for our Early Development Unit in Harrogate and are currently seeking to hire a Laboratory Scientist III to help support the Immunotoxicology team. This is a full time and permanent contract.
As part of Global Immunology and Immunotoxicology (I&I) department, provide support to Clinical, Safety Assessment (SA), and standalone studies over a wide range of Immunology and Immunotoxicology platforms, supporting enhanced solutions based approach to Clients requests.
The incumbent performs a skilled scientific and technical role in I&I and will include special projects and instrument validations. This requires a significant understanding of the science, technical assay development and regulatory framework. The role requires liaison with the direct line management within I&I to ensure the delivery and transfer of high quality technical and clinical development processes.
Has a responsibility for assay development and special projects assigned to include all scientific investigations and technical interpretation of the data.
The responsible person should have a working knowledge of the instrumentation within the I&I department.
The Laboratory Scientist III will assist in most of the following tasks:
- To undertake technical responsibilities as required, as a responsible scientist.
- To be responsible for ensuring all operational resource for studies within the I&I lab are in place. The jobholder is expected to extend this awareness to all relevant personnel.
- To ensure that the Senior Scientists and the Senior Laboratory Operations Manager are kept fully updated on the technical progress of their developments.
- To ensure that method development activities are fully documented, observing the highest standards of GLP.
- To be aware of and ensure that validation/special projects are performed to appropriate regulatory guidelines.
- Assist in the troubleshooting of assigned GLP and GCP projects.
- Understand and comply with all departmental and company policies.
- To undertake research and development work as required and directed.
- To undertake other duties and responsibilities as may be allocated from time to time by the Senior Scientists or the Senior Laboratory Operations Manager.
- To be involved in the current formal overtime system when required.
- To be involved in the transfer of methods into I&I, when required.
- To be involved in the introduction and implementation of any new equipment when required.
- To remain concurrent with new developments in I&I.
- Knowledge and practice of Health and Safety, including, personal protective equipment and COSHH.
- To ensure that appropriate and accurate COSHH assessments are made and in place prior to the commencement of in-lab development activities.
- To assist in the introduction of new techniques, methodologies and relevant procedures in collaboration with the Senior Scientists and the Senior Laboratory Operations Manager where required.
- To assist Senior Scientist and the Senior Laboratory Operations Manager in the evaluation and recommendation of new items of equipment as required.
- To co-operate fully with other senior members of staff to ensure the quality and scientific standards of the analytical service are maintained.
- To train staff in the implementation of methods or instruments into the laboratory.
- Any versions software updates to be assessed and implemented with the Senior Scientists and the Senior Laboratory Operations Manager and all documentation completed.