Covance, a leading global drug development services company, is looking for Payroll Specialist to join our team based in Maidenhead, UK.
The role if full-time and temporary (3 months contract).
The Payroll Specialist will provide full functional payroll support for the allocated EMEA payrolls, ensuring they are processed accurately and on-time.
- Collection and verification of payroll data for multiple countries in EMEA.
- Processing of the payroll data in accordance with the prescribed timetables.
- Working closely with the Payroll Provider(s) and local HR Partners to ensure local compliance practices are being followed and all payroll/employment tax, government and local filings are being submitted in a timely manner.
- Verification of payroll output and review with the EMEA Payroll Team Lead or the EMEA Payroll Manager.
- Ensuring timely Net Salary Payments processing.
- Ensuring timely distribution of payslips and resolution of payroll queries.
- Reconciliation of payrolls and preparation of payroll journals for posting.
- Performing routine and non-routine data retrieval, research, analysis, and reporting from payroll record as requested.
- Identifying and executing payroll process improvements
- Documenting and maintaining payroll procedures manuals
- Provision to Actuaries of monthly schedule of pension contributions and payroll changes as required.
- Preparation and submission of year end reporting and any other PAYE requirements.
- Providing support to the EMEA Payroll Team Lead and the EMEA Payroll Manager during Payroll Project Implementation, including testing for legislative compliance, and resolution of systems issues.
- Working with the EMEA Payroll Team Lead and the EMEA Payroll Manager to implement internal processes and procedures that will enhance the performance of payroll as well as ensure that installed technology is being utilized appropriately for best results in a cost-effective manner
- Tax/Social Security compliance investigation on specific issues as they arise.
- Ability to provide updates on EMEA legislative changes in regards to local payroll taxation rules, in partnering with the local Payroll vendors and the HR stakeholders.
- Completion of ad hoc projects and tasks as required.