We are currently recruiting for Senior Scientist Chemistry to join our Clinical Pathology Department in Harrogate. It is an exciting opportunity that will offer you the chance to become part of an exceptionally talented staff community that helps to bring the miracle of medicine to the market sooner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
As part of Global Clinical Pathology Services (CPS) department, provide support to Clinical, Safety Assessment (SA), and standalone studies over a wide range of Clinical Pathology platforms, supporting enhanced solutions based approach to Clients’ requests.
- The jobholder has specific scientific responsibilities which include process development, implementation and management, often co-coordinating these activities through others in the department.
- The jobholder will assume direct responsibility for the running of major specialist functions and projects within the department, which involve operational budgetary considerations and enhanced revenue recognition.
- The jobholder will coordinate key aspects of internal and external training and development activities for selected other Clinical Pathology Scientists including academic activities.
- The jobholder will provide professional opinion on relevant areas of study design and specialized Clinical Pathology practices to NSA Study Directors, other Covance scientific/business staff and sponsors as appropriate.
- The jobholder will possess an overall ability to deputise for the Senior Operations Manager.
- The jobholder will have no direct reportees but will support the supervisor when required.