COVANCE is a leading global drug development services company and we provide support to the Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology industries.
We are recruiting for our purchasing team in Geneva and are currently seeking to hire a buyer to help support the team.
This is a full time position, based in our Meyrin/Geneva office.
About the Job
Within this position, your duties will include:
- Process Purchase Order and contact suppliers to follow-up on PO and the anticipated delivery date.
- Interact with internal requestors on material availability, critical supply issues, delivery dates, order problems and quality issues to meet inventory demand.
- Reconcile Account Payable issues with suppliers.
- Register suppliers in appropriate system.
- Register product codes and maintain product code system(s).
- Work with Sourcing manager to provide data and analysis.
- Negotiate with suppliers for the acquisition/return of materials and services for supply items as defined by the relevant Authority levels.
- Prioritize and direct daily tasks and special projects for positions within their purchasing scope or commodity group.
- Insure all purchasing needs within the company are met. This requires positive communications and order feedback to the requesting individuals or department.
- Provide internal customers with alternative supplier(s), product(s), and/or service(s) other than proprietary supplier, products, and/or service.
- Monitor inventory levels and replenishment rules for assigned commodities through usage analysis and direct communications with internal customer.
- Support on-going Process Improvement and targeted cost savings
- Assures accurate and timely completion of work in the area particularly for order management and supply chain reviews etc.
- Undertake specific projects as required
- Other duties as assigned by senior management.
- Establish effective communication with customers to ensure maximum customer satisfaction.
- Provides troubleshooting and assistance (both oral and written) to customers as required.
- Proactively manage and drive resolution of customer issues with and across departments, International locations and other Covance business units.
- Position is 40% tactical – 40% Operational Support - 20% strategic
- Act as an ambassador for the company when conducting business with sources outside the company.
- Assist in the coordination of weekly/monthly management reports.
- Assist in the development, maintenance and update of departmental procedures, mission and training manual as needed.
- Observe Universal Precautions Procedures when applicable.
- Provide back-up coverage as needed.
- Comply with the Covance Quality System initiatives.
- Commit to demonstrating: professionalism, respect for Individuals, team skills, collaboration skills, creative problems solving and customer orientation.
What we’re looking for
To be successful in this position, you will need to hold a high school diploma
Additionally, you will need to demonstrate:
- Two years’ degree in Sourcing and Procurement (mandatory).
- Fluent English and French.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize workloads and deadlines.
- Must have proven record of excellence communication, customer service, high level of analytical experience and organizational skills.
- Extensive general computer skills with emphasis on Microsoft Office Tools and ERp systems.
And proven record of
- Working with frequent interruptions and changes.
- Tolerance for stress.
- High degree of global participation within peer group via webex and conference call assignments.
Get to know Covance
Covance, the drug development business of LabCorp, is the world’s most comprehensive drug development services company. Because of our broad experience, from early research to commercialization, our more than 20,000 employees from across the globe are in a unique position to supply insights that go above and beyond testing. Our team’s impact on healthcare is remarkable. Through their everyday work they’ve supported 100% of the top 50 drugs on the market and all the oncology drugs approved in 2016. Even though we span multiple businesses, we operate as one, sharing our knowledge to improve our efficiency and deliver on the promise of a healthier world.
The Covance team is driven by an energized purpose to improve health and improve lives across the globe. Here, you’ll work alongside exceptional people who each play an important role in bringing new scientific discoveries and therapeutic area advancements to life. And, because we span the drug development spectrum, you’ll directly impact a wide-range of initiatives as you explore unique career paths and discover your extraordinary potential.
Get ready to make a difference as we speed the delivery of groundbreaking therapies and improve lives of countless individuals.
Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer (Minority/Female/Individual with Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.