Covance’s work in developing new pharmaceutical solutions has a positive impact on the lives of millions worldwide and there are several great opportunities for you to be a part of this life-saving work.
At our pre-clinical development site in Harrogate, North Yorkshire, we currently have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Proposal Coordinator III in Safety Assessment - Toxicology. This is a full time permanent position.
- Facilitates rapid proposal development by acting as the point of contact and generator of “standard” responses including initial development of proposal outlines, draft protocols using iPOP, or other related information/tools to assist in the costing process for standard inquiries.
- Assists the Scientific Proposal Manager and Client Managers with proposal development and management for all types of Safety Assessment inquiries. May develop proposals independently.
- Understands regulatory requirements for general study types and regulatory guidance documents. And gains familiarity with international regulatory requirements and serves as a resource for Study Direction staff and Client Services as needed.
- Initiates costing requests for proposals and protocols for above inquiries.
- Serves as a liaison between Safety Assessment, Client Services/Business Development and other internal departments related to proposal management.
- Acts as the initial internal contact person for Client Services when inquiries come in requesting protocol development.
- Assists in the collation of materials to respond to Client Questionnaires and Requests for Information (RFI’s).
- Develops new study proposal outlines.
- Initiates costing requests for proposals.
- Serves as a resource for Client Services regarding study designs and regulatory constraints to determine minimum requirements for a given study type.
- Interacts with Resource Management and Client Managers by providing the necessary information to facilitate costing process to insure a clear cost quotation.
- Interacts with Safety Assessment personnel as needed for their assistance in the protocol development process.
- Facilitates the proposal generation process in order to meet proposal turnaround time.
- Mentors new Proposal Coordination and Study Direction staff.
- Demonstrates excellent attention to detail; consistent accuracy.
- May assist with the production and presentation of metrics.
- May respond to requests for data mining from various systems.
- Prepares presentations for internal and external use as required.
- Provides back up support for the local Scientific Proposal Manager and learns to provide back up support to the Scientific Proposal Managers globally
Performs other duties as assigned. When this position is located in the UK, additional job duties may apply in support of Home Office and Regulatory Functions, including:
- Accountable for supplying annual Home Office Returns data to the SD’s /Project License holders in a timely manner
- Enters Home Office Return data onto data collection system
- Collates Departmental annual statistics for Home Office Returns
- Provides support for Home Office License Holders