We are currently recruiting for a Laboratory Technician to join our Dose Formulation and Analysis Department in Harrogate. It is an exciting opportunity that will offer you the chance to become part of an exceptionally talented staff community that helps to bring the miracle of medicine to the market sooner.
Laboratory Technician will ensure the accurate preparation of a wide variety of formulations. They will assist in the daily operation of the department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Full participation in Company Quality Programme.
- Should have the attitude and capability to perform any supervisory role that is required and act as a deputy to the area supervisor in their absence.
- To undergo training in relevant modules of departmental programmes and to attend any other training recommended by the Manager.
- To ensure full compliance with GLP/SOPs at all times.
- To resolve any problems which may prevent efficient operation of studies and to liaise with supervisors and the Manager where necessary.
- To abide by company/departmental safety regulations at all times and to ensure that the staff of the department comply.
- To supervise and train junior staff and to ensure their work is of the correct standard.
- To ensure operational areas are maintained in a clean and tidy state.
- To assist in the planning and scheduling of studies.
- To ensure that good communication and working relationships are maintained within the department and with the department's customers.
- To be aware of resources of the department such as stores requisitions and outside purchasing.
- Ensure time-sheets are accurately completed to ensure accurate study financial records.
- To respond constructively to QA comments and to convey these comments to the relevant personnel.
- To carry out method development work and the setting up of studies, liasing with Study Directors and clients when necessary.
- To carry out any duties not specified but might reasonably be expected of a Laboratory Technician.