We're currently recruiting for a Operational Scientist at our site in Harrogate, North Yorkshire.
As an Operational Scientist, you will provide assistance and support in the performing of all aspects of Animal House studies. Duties include
- Routine procedures associated with the day to day management of studies run within animal house operations or specific skills, collection/recording of scientific data and conducting routine licenced procedures under UK legislation, coordination and planning of teams.
- Mentoring of new staff and SME for study set up, protocol reviews, QC checks, Pristima and Welfare Notification Forms, GLP and ASPA.
- Proficiency in both Maths and English; gained through either academic study or professional work experience.
- Educational standard may include an Institute of Animal Technology qualification, a relevant BTEC National/Higher National Diploma or relevant degree.
- You will be expected to have membership of the Institute of Animal Technology (MIAT).
- Be a registered animal technician (RAnTech)
- Hold a Home Office Personal Licence.
- Demonstrated excellent attitude towards work
- Trained in basic licenced procedures (hold HO Licence)
- Excellent communication, teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to utilise word-processing software, databases, spreadsheet and specialised software.
- Be an experienced licencee and hold relevant qualifications.
- The ability to work within a team.
- The ability to meet tight deadlines
Get ready to redefine what’s possible and discover your extraordinary potential at Covance. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to personally advance healthcare and make a difference in peoples’ lives with your bold ideas and unique point of view. With the support of exceptional people from across the globe and an energized purpose, you’ll be empowered to own your career journey with mentoring, training and personalized development planning.
Join us as we speed the delivery of ground breaking therapies and anticipate tomorrow’s drug development challenges, creating new possibilities for our clients—and your career.