COVANCE is a leading global drug development services company and we provide support to the Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology industries. We are recruiting for our Early Development Unit in Harrogate and are currently seeking to hire a Laboratory Scientist I to help support the Immunotoxicology team. This is a full time and permanent contract. The position is full-time and permanent; ideal for graduates.
- To be competent in routine operational procedures for a comprehensive range of I&I studies and participate in cross-training.
- To ensure studies are performed in accordance with regulatory, productivity and timescale requirements. To ensure the Senior Operations Manager and Senior Scientists remain updated on performance of such studies.
- Document quality control results, be able to recognize and communicate any trends with the Senior Scientists.
- To be able to provide, analyses and discuss scientific data collected during specialized testing.
- To participate in the introduction of new techniques, validation of methodologies and relevant procedures in collaboration with the Technical Specialist and Senior Scientists.
- To act as a study coordinator for studies alongside others within I&I.
- To have a clear understanding of GLP/GCP/SOPs and APs/WDs and their implications for I&I, and to work in strict accordance with them at all times.
- To be responsible for SOP initiation/revision/review as required.
- To be responsible for implementing and overseeing designated I&I metrology systems to ensure compliance under current regulatory requirements.
- To work with other group members, as required to consider appropriate financial implications of ongoing activities.
- To be able to recommend, and implement cost saving initiatives for processes under jobholder’s local control
- To personally comply with company and departmental safety regulations at all times.
- To maintain housekeeping, ensuring all areas under jobholders control are kept clean and tidy.
- To ensure open and honest communication at all times and actively encourage new ideas and positive thinking among all personnel. To promote good relationships with all other departments maintaining close liaison on matters of mutual interest.
- To comply with company and departmental requirements pertaining to security and confidentiality considerations.
- To carry out any duties not specified but might reasonably be expected of a Laboratory Scientist I in this position