COVANCE is a leading global drug development services company and we provide support to the Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology industries. We are recruiting for our Screening team in UK and are currently seeking to hire a Receptionist.
This is a permanent, part time position (30 hours per week 7.00 am- 1.00 pm Monday to Friday), based in our Leeds office.
The opportunity to work within an experienced and highly skilled team.
Covance offers a comprehensive benefits package including health cover, contributory pension.
Covance’s ongoing success offers team members unsurpassed growth and career development opportunities.
At Covance, we help make the miracles of medicine a reality. We offer opportunities to work on diverse, challenging projects with bright, interesting colleagues while building a flexible and rewarding career. This is your chance to become part of a team that helps to bring miracle of medicine to market sooner.
There is no better time to join us!
Responsibilities / Duties
* Ensure that all calls are answered following the Company guidelines, whilst providing a professional and courteous telephone service and ensuring that all calls are dealt with speedily and efficiently.
* Provide a professional courteous reception service to all clinical trial volunteers and visitors.
* Use of the computerized security access system to update and monitor security access cards.
* Ensure that on arrival all clients and visitors are logged in and issued with visitor passes where necessary. Ensure the host is informed that the visitor has arrived. On departure ensure the visitors are logged out and that all passes are returned to reception.
* Book taxis for clients and visitors where appropriate.
* Prepare clinical trial screening packs for volunteers.
* Photocopy the volunteers ID and place into screening pack.
* Ensure a photograph is in the pack, if not to take a photo, print and place in the pack.
* Make up the training folders for new starters as and when required.
* Prepare CV’s for new starters and to send out reminders to staff when a renewal is required – then QC the returned CV before filing.
* Forward incoming Faxes.
* Maintain Car Park Database.
* Any other ad hoc administrative duties as and when required within the scope of the role.
- some administrative, reception or customer service experience is a must,
- knowledge of computer programs – MS Word & Excel,
- attention to detail,
- good time management and organizational skills,
- strong communication skills.