As Senior Director, Alliance Management you will be the internal expert on assigned clients, overseeing partnerships across the clinical business unit and aligning to Alliance Leaders in Enterprise and other business units.
You will lead key client relationships to successfully drive collaborative outcomes considering the needs and interests of all organizations, while thinking about the alliance as a whole.
In addition, you will fully understand the Alliance Management processes, tools, how and when to use them effectively and be able to influence across the Covance and partner organization to drive activity.
It is also expected that you will nurture and grow new business amongst your assigned clients and ensure overall satisfaction with Covance work by working closely with assigned TA
Essential Job Duties:
- Has a deep understanding of the industry, market and our clients and presents Covance’s capabilities to clients. Leads growth within the assigned clients
- Owns assigned client relationships, expectations and satisfaction; serves as the subject matter expert within Covance on the client, guiding teams in building long-term strategic relationships with assigned clients
- Work closely with business development and other Covance business units to drive high quality end-to-end business development strategies, including RFI/RFP response, proposal development, bid defense preparation and presentations for assigned clients.
- Align with the Enterprise and commercial business growth strategies, support definition of goals and own translation into practice within CDCS.
- Lead establishment of new partner relationships, facilitating and engineering introductions, opportunities for relationship development and ultimately leveraging growth opportunities for the Partnership
- Markets and supports Covance’s capability, visibility and position through publications and presentations at conferences, meetings and webinars etc.
- Works closely with clients to ensure proactive planning for pipeline of work. Partner with business development to ensure sales margins for the client are achieved.
- Identifies opportunities to introduce new service areas or value opportunities to the client as Covance develops and evolves, ensuring partner is able to access priority innovations and best practices.
- Engages with Covance’s Therapeutic Area leadership to help define, drive and implement innovative and strategic initiatives, including cross business unit and functional integrated opportunities, to grow and expand the existing client partnership.
- Partners with peers ensuring consistency (quality, standards, policies, processes and practices) across all client projects
- In conjunction with the client Alliance Lead ensure that both companies are aware of the spirit of the Partnership and actively work to deliver and exceed expectations on any Charter, Mission Statement or Goals and Objectives that have been agreed by the Partnership.
- Represent the Partnership and serve as a client advocate within Covance delivering ‘Voice of the Customer’ feedback into Covance
- Builds and sustainable and scalable Alliance management client model, recognising and adapting to evolution needs over time
- Effectively leads in a global, complex environment; sets clear expectations; coaches and mentors for success; consistently communicates and connects; fosters a continuous learning environment, inspires and motivates engagement to meet client expectations.
- Lead and present at Operational Governance meetings to ensure continued review of operational goals
- Facilitate Executive Committee Meetings to ensure agreement of agenda, timely preparation and completion of follow-up actions
- Ensures continued satisfaction with Covance by driving timely NPS surveys
- Ensure continued Lessons Learned initiatives to enrich the partnership through improved consistency and best practice.
Operational Leadership and Financial Acumen
- Lead, manage, facilitate and expedite all activities across Covance divisions, that are pertinent to the Partnership success. Is proactive in raising issues and identifying opportunities ahead of time and achieving issue resolution in a timely manner
- Works closely with assigned TA leadership to ensure delivery to client quality, timeline and budget expectations
- Works closely with the TA leadership and CoE groups to ensure that projects are resourced appropriately as per contractual obligations, capability, quantity, timing, efficiency and cultural fit with the client.
- Ensure that cost performance index across the assigned client portfolio is maintained at or above 1.0 and DSO’s within acceptable tolerances for the business unit.
Subject Matter Expertise
- Responsible for the development of client specific training and ensuring appropriate delivery, including client specific obligations of the partnership outline in the MSA or other agreements
- Responsible for development and maintenance of an effective set of operating standards and instructions for the partnership and that delivery teams are compliant with.
- Ensures client-specific process improvement efforts are undertaken to maximize efficiency in working within the client portfolio.