We are recruiting a Toxicological Pathologist within the Pathology team. This is a permanent, full time position, based in our Harrogate office.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Perform the microscopic evaluation and interpretation of tissue sections from animals exposed to test materials and correlate these findings with necropsy, organ weight and clinical pathology findings.
- Author comprehensive pathology narrative reports of gross and microscopic findings, while meeting report deadlines.
- Provide pathology support in the interpretation of chemical or drug-related toxicology findings in safety studies.
- Supervise necropsies (typically at client’s request) and provide scientific guidance to necropsy technicians to ensure accuracy and compliance with protocols and SOP’s.
- Communicate the significance of pathologic findings to study directors, clients and other individuals.
- Ensure close interaction, collaboration and communication within the Global Pathology Organization.
- Provide diagnostic support to the Department of Laboratory Animal Medicine in their disease surveillance programs.
- Attend scientific meetings and continuing education seminars.
To be successful in this position, you will possess a Veterinary degree and need to be FRCPath, or Board certified by the European or American College of Veterinary Pathologists. We will consider candidates who have tocicological experience but pending their residency exams OR candidates who have their residency and have an interest in toxicological pathology.
Additionally, you will need to demonstrate:
- Strong background in Toxicologic Pathology preferred.
- Relevant experience in pharmaceutical drug development industry
- Stature and expertise to serve as core pathologist for key clients.
- Ability to work independently
- Familiarity with pathology electronic data capture and reporting systems.
- Ability to provide scientific guidance and feedback to technicians, and to ensure accuracy and compliance with protocols, SOP’s and client expectations of quality histotechnology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in English (both verbal and in writing)
- Limited travel within EU and to USA to Covance sites, conferences and client visits.
The opportunity to work within an experienced and highly skilled team.
Covance offers a comprehensive benefits package including health cover, contributory pension.
Covance’s ongoing success offers team members unsurpassed growth and career development opportunities.
At Covance, we help make the miracles of medicine a reality. We offer opportunities to work on diverse, challenging projects with bright, interesting colleagues while building a flexible and rewarding career. This is your chance to become part of a team that helps to bring miracle of medicine to market sooner.
There is no better time to join us!