Laboratory Operations Supervisor – Global Immunology and Immunotoxicology Services
We are recruiting for our Early Development Unit in Harrogate and are currently seeking to hire a Laboratory Operations Supervisor.
- The jobholder has specific scientific responsibilities which include participating in all procedures in the operational areas of I&I. These include assays, metrology and general laboratory support duties.
- The jobholder will assist Management and Senior Scientists with the running of major specialist functions and projects within the department.
- The jobholder will assist Management and Scientists in key aspects of internal training and professional development activities for selected I&I staff.
- Performs general supervisory duties including full range of recruitment activities, full range of performance evaluation activities, schedules work, prepares training plans, and executes Affirmative Action goals in department.
- Provide managerial leadership to the local department staff and participate as a key member of the I&I leadership team, assisting in the development and implementation of global operational strategy
- Communicate the goals and strategy of Global I&I and Safety Assessment (SA) groups
- Manage/supervise all day-to-day delivery of I&I services
- Ensure all studies are performed in accordance with regulatory, productivity, and timescale requirements
- Provide support, as required, to the incumbent’s manager and assist in the fulfillment of their responsibilities
- Provide expert guidance and support in I&I and more widely within Covance.
- Advise Study Directors and Management where modifications to current Covance working practices or analytical equipment are necessary
- All technical, regulatory and supervisory duties across all platforms within I&I which include the Flow Cytometry, Immuno assay, and Cell Based assay platforms
- Assist the Operations Manager of the I&I laboratory; specific scientific responsibilities which include process development, implementation and management, often co-coordinating activities through others in the department. Be a recognized leader in a specific scientific discipline/ technique and contribute to the development of scientific or operational strategy and direction in the department
- Provide professional opinion on relevant areas of study design and specialized Immunology and Immunotoxicology practices to I&I Study Directors, other Covance scientific/business staff, and sponsors as appropriate.
- Responsible to conduct all work in compliance with applicable regulatory requirements, and specifically those regulations (GxP) specified in the study plans, protocols, or work agreements governing the work in which they are involved
- Oversee day-to-day operations and on-time delivery of testing services for I&I laboratory
- Manage equipment, schedules, instrument, and personnel to meet commitments to clients and department goals
- Meet client expectations in delivery of testing services, and drives a global approach to continuous improvement, quality standards and innovation