COVANCE is a leading global drug development services company and we provide support to the Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology industries. We are recruiting for our Pharmacy team in UK and are currently seeking to hire a Pharmacy Research Technician.
This is a permanent, full time position, based in our Leeds office.
The position requires flexible working hours to include weekend work, early starts or later finishes when required (Standard hours are 37 hours per week).
The opportunity to work within an experienced and highly skilled team.
Covance offers a comprehensive benefits package including health cover, contributory pension.
Covance’s ongoing success offers team members unsurpassed growth and career development opportunities.
At Covance, we help make the miracles of medicine a reality. We offer opportunities to work on diverse, challenging projects with bright, interesting colleagues while building a flexible and rewarding career. This is your chance to become part of a team that helps to bring miracle of medicine to market sooner.
There is no better time to join us!
Responsibilities / Duties
The Pharmacy Research Technician contributes to the overall pharmacy operations in the clinic. The Pharmacy Research Technician provides practical support to the Pharmacy Department, assisting with the inventory, preparation, supply, storage, and disposal of investigational drug products. The Pharmacy Research Technician is also involved in planning and organising the pharmacy aspects of clinical trials.
* Assist with receipt, storage, packaging, disposition, and retention of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API) and Investigational Medicinal Products (IMPs).
* Assist with maintenance and control of complete records with respect to API/IMP.
* May assist with dose preparation as appropriate
* May assist with manufacturing/assembly/dispensing instructions and the generation of labels
* Ensure the continued supply of any stock items
* Maintain contact with any other organization that operates a supply function to pharmacy
* Maintain an appropriate level of cleanliness and organization to the pharmacy
* Ensure compliance with relevant regulations and GMP/GCP
* Have understanding with all allocated protocols regarding API/IMP handling
* Attend study meetings as appropriate
* Assist the Pharmacist/Study Lead with Sponsor interaction
* May be cross trained in study operations tasks.
* Educated to ‘A’ Level standard or equivalent, particularly in science subjects
* Typically 0-1yrs pharmaceutical experience required