Employee Relations Specialist
COVANCE is a leading global drug development services company and we provide support to the Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology industries.
We are recruiting for our Human Resources team in Geneva and are currently seeking to hire an Employee Relations (ER) Specialist to be a part of the global Covance Central Laboratory (CLS) Human Resources team, reporting to the HR Partner. The role will require in-depth knowledge on company policies, processes, tools and local legislation. The ER Specialist will counsel managers and supervisors on employee relations cases in Geneva, Switzerland and Mechelen, Belgium, and provides general Human Resources support to the HR Partner.
This is a full time position, based in our Geneva office.
ABOUT THE JOB
Employee Relations (supporting Geneva, Switzerland & Mechelen, Belgium) – 50%
- Advising and counselling line managers and supervisors on performance issues, in line with the corrective action policy and appropriate regulatory guidelines with the intended goal of growing manager's expertise in this area.
- Advising and counselling line managers and supervisors on conduct-related issues, in line with the corrective action policy and appropriate regulatory guidelines.
- Ensuring that employee complaints are investigated accordingly with appropriate recommendations and advice provided in line and necessary follow-up.
- Support supervisors in developing appropriate documentation to support the coaching process.
- Drive fact-gathering and research for investigations and advise supervisors/managers ensuring both the legal and commercial risk is considered.
- Liaise with Legal counsel as and when necessary.
- Provide appropriate reporting and tracking to support the gathering of appropriate metrics regarding trends and patterns of discipline - including volume, case type, etc.
- Participate in various employee relations projects and activities.
- Partner with HR Business Partners, Legal and Business Leaders to solicit feedback and make recommendations for the continuous improvement of the Employee Relations Center.
- Facilitate upskilling sessions to continue to develop line managers and supervisors.
- Support communication and change efforts with HR, Legal, Business Leaders, Managers, and Employees.
Human Resources – 50%
- Advise and counsel supervisors and manager on absence-related cases: ensuring that the cases are managed sensitively, confidentiality and in line with current policy and local legislation.
- Partner with benefit providers, insurers and governmental authorities on sickness management and follow-up of cases, including but not limited to:
- Sending relevant reports, files and information to benefit brokers/payroll (e.g. leaver report, management report)
- Completing and submitting requested employee information pertaining to absences as required to theAssurance Invaliditéwithin the specified deadlines
- Supporting line managers by establishing effective absence management practices and individual plans; connecting with the sickness insurers and case managers to identify an appropriate action plan.
- Supporting the review of internal policies / procedures as and when necessary.
- Providing necessary information and/or documentation for potential audits or to governmental authorities as required.
- Collaborating with the Global People Services team (mAPS) in order to ensure timely response to questions triaged by the service delivery desk, escalating queries as necessary to the HR Partner and/or relevant parties.
- Ensuring that HR files are archived accordingly and retrieved if requested within the deadline
- Reviewing work certificates to ensure that they are compliant and adhere to Swiss law requirements, and obtaining appropriate signatory approval before sending out to the appropriate contact.
- Processing HR-related invoices via the PO system ensuring that they are processed and paid in a timely manner.
- Supporting both locally and globally-led HR initiatives and projects, collaborating with the relevant stakeholders and assisting the HR Partner in their execution.
- Supporting on-site administration, if necessary, for onboarding or other site-related tasks.
What we’re looking for
To be successful in this position, you will need to hold an uundergraduate degree in business, human resources or related subject.
Additionally, you will need to demonstrate:
- Minimum of 7 years of HR experience.
- In-depth awareness and understanding of relevant employment and labor laws.
- Ability to manage issues that are time-sensitive and highly confidential.
- Unquestionable customer service skills, organization, confidentiality.
- Experience in a matrixed international organization required: experience in US-based organization highly preferred.
- Ability to solve problems with minimal guidance.
- Must be flexible and willing to assist others as needed in a team environment.
- Ability to work both proactively
- Solid IT technical knowledge: Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Familiar with case management tools and software.
Get to know Covance
- Covance, the drug development business of LabCorp, is the world’s most comprehensive drug development services company. Because of our broad experience, from early research to commercialization, our more than 20,000 employees from across the globe are in a unique position to supply insights that go above and beyond testing. Our team’s impact on healthcare is remarkable. Through their everyday work they’ve supported 100% of the top 50 drugs on the market and all the oncology drugs approved in 2016. Even though we span multiple businesses, we operate as one, sharing our knowledge to improve our efficiency and deliver on the promise of a healthier world.
- The Covance team is driven by an energized purpose to improve health and improve lives across the globe. Here, you’ll work alongside exceptional people who each play an important role in bringing new scientific discoveries and therapeutic area advancements to life. And, because we span the drug development spectrum, you’ll directly impact a wide-range of initiatives as you explore unique career paths and discover your extraordinary potential.
- Get ready to make a difference as we speed the delivery of groundbreaking therapies and improve lives of countless individuals.
- Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer (Minority/Female/Individual with Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.