Covance, a leading global drug development services company, is looking for a Sample Coordinator III to join the Safety Assessment team based in Harrogate, North Yorkshire.
- Perform any combination of sample accession tasks, including opening, entering, and posting of samples.
- Review sample inventory against samples received to ensure accuracy and communicate discrepancies.
- Perform confirmation of sample receipt to clients.
- Perform the entry of sample demographic information.
- Conduct the identification, reporting, and resolution of discrepancies during sample receipt and highlight to any responsible personnel for the study.
- Ensure accurate paperwork is maintained for all samples received into the department.
- Prepare samples for analysis as required.
- Handle incoming samples from various departments/units such as Animal House, Necropsy, CCRU, and External Clients.
- Conduct all work in compliance with applicable regulatory requirements, and specifically those regulations (GLP, GCP) specified in the study plans, protocols, or work agreements governing the work in which they are involved.
- To be able to adapt techniques to new procedures.
- Plan individual workload in collaboration with the team so that deadlines are met.
- Effectively schedule multiple assigned tasks.
- Introduce and develop improvement ideas for the group.
- Responsible for upkeep and accuracy of sample tracking systems.
- Demonstrate a knowledge and use of data systems such as Nautilus and ClinAxys II.
- Demonstrate good communication skills and effective liaison with team members and other departments.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.