We are currently recruiting for an A Senior Laboratory Scientist (SLS) to join our Formulations Analysis Section in Harrogate.
It is an exciting opportunity that will offer you the chance to become part of an exceptionally talented staff community that helps to bring the miracle of medicine to the market sooner.
A Senior Laboratory Scientist (SLS) is expected to assist in the supervision and training of junior staff, and to take on additional supervisory roles when necessary, as well as being involved in method development.
Additionally a SLS will be responsible for the organisation and efficient running of a number of Toxicology / Molecular Toxicology, Pharmacology or Short-Term Toxicology studies.
He / She will have the responsibility of managing up to five operational staff.
Responsibilities and duties
- Full participation in Company Quality Programme
- Maintenance of duties learned as a Laboratory Scientist 3
- Should have the attitude and capability to perform any supervisory role that is required and act as a deputy to the area supervisors in their absence.
- The capability of managing a number of staff in an area or shift.
- To assist in the planning and scheduling of studies.
- To run all aspects of a number of assigned studies from study set up, to the reporting stage with minimal supervision, communicating with all relevant Covance personnel during this period and meeting the Company assigned time-frames.
- To communicate with the Dispensary Scheduler and Financial Analyst, any study related matters that may effect Dispensary revenues or workload.
- To respond to client queries relating to assigned studies – and assisting in any related client visits.
- To ensure, wherever possible the studies are performed using the Dispensary computer system.
- To ensure full compliance with GLP / SOPs at all times.
- Ensure time-sheets are accurately completed to ensure accurate study financial records.
- To undergo training in relevant modules of departmental programmes and to attend any other training recommended by the Supervisor or Manager, to develop managerial skills.
- To resolve any problems which may prevent efficient operation of studies and to liaise with supervisors and the Manager where necessary.
- To abide by company / departmental safety regulations at all times.
- To supervise and train junior staff to ensure their work is of the correct standard.
- To ensure operational areas are maintained in a clean and tidy state.
- To ensure that good communication and working relationships are maintained within the department and with the department’s customers.
- To be aware of resources of the department such as stores requisitions and outside purchasing.
- To respond constructively to QA comments and to convey these comments to the relevant personnel.
- To carry out method development work and the setting up of studies, liaising with Study Directors and clients when necessary.