Covance is one of the world’s largest and most comprehensive drug development services companies, with annual revenues greater than $2 billion, employees in more than 60 countries and more than 12,000 employees worldwide.
Covance is a leading global drug development services company and provide support to the Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology industries.
We are now currently recruiting for a Project Manager to be based within our Harrogate and York site. This is a growing team which offers great career progression.
Working as part of the Global Project Management Office (PMO), the Project Manager (PM) routinely manages a range of projects throughout the course of the project lifecycle. In this role the PM will provide internal and external Clients with a central point of contact for projects within BioPharmaceutical CMC Solutions (BioPharm CMC). The individual is accountable for leading the Project teams to ensure that Client requirements and deliverables are met. This involves end to end management of a project, encompassing effective management of Client communication and use of the appropriate tools to ensure the success of projects throughout their lifecycle.
The post holder should typically have:
• Computing skills, including word processing and use of spreadsheets (e.g. Microsoft Office packages and Microsoft Project)
• An in-depth understanding of health and safety policies, Company policies and procedures, and an in-depth understanding of the GxPs
• The post holder should be able to communicate effectively at all levels with other Covance employees, as well as external clients, suppliers, etc
• Industry experience in a relevant field
• Working knowledge of project management processes
•Experience mentoring junior level staff
•Excellent communication, planning and organizational skills
•Ability to work independently
•Ability to negotiate and liaise with clients in a professional manner
•Ability to present to staff at all levels