We are currently recruiting for 2 Clinical Support Workers for our Clinical Operations team in our Leeds Phase I Clinic. Clinical Support Workers will help support the team with the collection and collation of Clinical Trial data from subjects. This is a full time temporary position on a 12 month fixed term contract.
This is a “hands on” entry level position within a very busy and demanding environment. Working as part of a large trial team, you will play an active part in the execution of the clinical trials on behalf of our clients.
Previous experience at similar position required (including venepuncture).
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Accurately perform blood pressure, venepuncture, body-weight, pulse, respiratory rate, and temperature readings
• Prepare and accurately record ECGs/ Holters
• Involve in the collection and processing of biological samples as specified in the protocol and ensure the proper distribution of those samples
• Monitor volunteers meals to ensure dietary compliance by research participants
• Assist in the preparation of rooms and medical equipment
• Assist with screening procedures as needed
• Maintain a clean, safe and efficient working and study environment
• Accurately record all research data obtained or observed
• Assist with Quality Check of source documents and case report forms
• Maintain a basic understanding of current regulatory requirements
The successful candidate will have good interpersonal and customer care skills. Previous experience in a similar role, performing venepuncture, ECG’s and vitals is advantageous.
This opportunity may be of interest to individuals who have experience in a healthcare setting or/ and an interest in clinical research.
Get ready to redefine what’s possible and discover your extraordinary potential at Covance. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to personally advance healthcare and make a difference in peoples’ lives with your bold ideas and unique point of view. With the support of exceptional people from across the globe and an energized purpose, you’ll be empowered to own your career journey with mentoring, training and personalized development planning.
Join us as we speed the delivery of groundbreaking therapies and anticipate tomorrow’s drug development challenges, creating new possibilities for our clients—and your career.
A good standard of general education, particularly in science subjects
Typically 0 – 1 year of clinical research experience