We are currently recruiting for a Research Analyst to join our Metabolism Department in Harrogate.
It is an exciting opportunity that will offer you the chance to become part of an exceptionally talented staff community that helps to bring the miracle of medicine to the market sooner.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Develop competent basic laboratory skills to support duties in primary area of work.
- Sets up and performs appropriate assays in primary area of responsibility based on the study protocol and in conjunction with the study team.
- Participate in study protocol reviews.
- Participates in study meetings (ie pre-initiation meeting).
- Maintains study documentation in compliance with regulatory guidelines.
- Reviews own work for overall accuracy, timeliness, completeness, and soundness of technical judgment.
- Deliver results within agreed timeframe
- Maintains a clean and safe laboratory work environment and perform routine maintenance.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Consistently and continuously responds efficiently to requests (delivers high quality output on time)
- Contributes ideas and thoughts to enhance service and improve processes
- Provides constructive feedback to supervisor or team on study progress
- Follow instructions, SOPs and protocols that apply to current role to complete assigned tasks and projects
- Demonstrates ability and desire to learn and develop self
- Responds positively to requests for information and help from others
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of the need for working with individuals and in teams and contributes to the common goals of the business unit
- Ability to persevere and solve problems as they occur
- Demonstrates a positive attitude regarding challenging objectives
- Informs Study Director and/or Study Coordinator of any unforeseen circumstances that may affect the integrity of the study.
- Works under supervision and guidance of more experienced colleagues.
- Additional hours and weekend work as required.
- Mandatory immunisations and screening as required.
- Work with potentially hazardous substances and radiolabelled samples.
- Heavy lifting and hand/eye co-ordination may be required.