COVANCE is a leading global drug development services company and we provide support to the Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology industries.
About the Job
We are recruiting a Research Nurse I to join our Clinical Operations team in Leeds. As a Clinical Research Nurse you would be responsible for study activities that are essential in the conduct of clinical trials with an emphasis on the safety and welfare of study participants. You will be required to use all your nursing knowledge, skills and training, whilst following clinical and industry guidelines and procedures.
Covance’s ongoing success offers team members unsurpassed growth and career development opportunities.
This is a permanent full-time 37 hour per week contract over 7 days on the day shift. You will be required to work weekends and bank holidays.
Within this position, your duties will include:
• Being up to date with appropriate emergency certifications (ILS) and company emergency policy and procedures.
• Responding to emergency situations based upon nursing standards.
• Utilising skills, knowledge, and clinical judgment in order to provide a high standard of care for participants in clinical trials.
• Utilising nursing assessment skills to observe participant general well-being and potential adverse events. Documenting adverse events and taking appropriate action as needed
• Administering investigational compounds to participants according to the protocol and applicable regulations.
• Performing study related activities including but not limited to cannulation, telemetry, holters, vital signs, ECGs and venepuncture.
• Collecting and processing biological samples according to the protocol and Standard Operating Procedures.
• Recording data obtained according to the protocol and Standard Operating Procedures.
• Maintaining an understanding of current regulatory requirements.
• Maintaining skills to perform all study tasks, as required.
• Maintaining constant awareness of participant safety and dignity at all times.
• Handling participant complaints efficiently and effectively.
• Ensuring that client and participant confidentiality is maintained at all times.
• Responding to client and team queries in a timely manner.
• Ensuring that the dignity, health, safety, and welfare of participants is given the highest priority at all times.
To be successful in this position, confirmation of NMC registration will be sort. You must be ILS (Immediate Life Support) qualified or be able to successfully achieve the ILS qualification.
At Covance, we help make the miracles of medicine a reality. We offer opportunities to work on diverse challenging projects, with bright interesting colleagues, while building a flexible and rewarding career. This is your chance to become part of a team that helps to bring miracle of medicine to market sooner.
There is no better time to join us!