This role is within the Materials Management function which sits within Global Laboratory Systems (GLS), BioPharmaceutical CMC Solutions (CMC). This is an entry level role for anyone looking to start their career within a lab enviroment with lots of opportunities to progress.
- To ensure all materials (reagents / consumables) are entered, located and tracked by established deadlines and in compliance with SOPs and regulatory agency guidelines; assuring chain of custody for all materials throughout their lifecycle.
- Perform a variety of material accession responsibilities in compliance with appropriate SOPs, GMP / GLP / GCP requirements and regulatory guidelines, in support of operational requirements.
- This is a laboratory based role with direct responsibility for ensuring that effective and efficient material coordination and associated processes are followed for incoming and outgoing material.
- Responsible for maintenance and operation of Materials Management areas on a daily basis.
- Receipt of materials from Covance logistics.
- Reviews shipping inventory documents against materials received to ensure accuracy and communicate discrepancies to appropriate personnel.
- Accepts materials into Materials Management receipt systems.
- Communicates confirmation of receipt to clients, if requested.
- Handles internal customer inquiries and requests relating to materials management.
- Aliquots and sub-divides materials in preparation for testing, according to project requirements.
- Solves problems independently, contacting internal or external clients for clarification as needed.
- Distributes required information and documentation to appropriate end users.
- Collation and delivery of materials for analysis within agreed timelines.
- Disposal or return of materials to clients following project completion.
- Ensures that their individual training records are up to date and accurately reflect their capabilities.
- Maintains files of all relevant documentation for inspection by QA and other regulatory agencies.
- Supports the issue of SOP's detailing specific procedures relevant to sample and materials management within BioCMC.
- Knowledge and practice, including personal protective equipment, COSHH ratings, GMO assessments.