Covance’s work in developing new pharmaceutical solutions has a positive impact on the lives of millions worldwide and there are several great opportunities for you to be a part of this life-saving work.
At our pre-clinical development site in Harrogate, North Yorkshire, we currently have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Study Support Specialist in the Department of Genetic Toxicology.
About the job:
The Study Support Specialist 1 is an entry level position in the Genetic Toxicology reporting group, learning the tasks required to prepare and format check protocols and reports at all stages of the process and to distribute internally and externally according to agreed schedules and requirements. To perform administrative tasks relating to Genetic Toxicology.
- Prepare and format check reports prior to QA audit and dispatch to the client as audited draft and final.
- Prepare and format check protocols and amendments for dispatch to the Client.
- Dispatch of electronic reports to client and preparation of appropriate documentation for dispatch of paper copies, according to current processes, to conform to client requirements.
- Archive final reports/raw data.
- Preparation of electronic reports for the client on CD or via email/portal.
- Takes responsibility for ensuring that scheduled reports are provided to Report Coordinators and despatched according to the deadlines.
- Associated CMS entries and records maintenance.
- Ordering of stock and external items, as appropriate.
- Administration of SOPs for Genetic and Molecular Toxicology.
- Maintenance/updating of relevant departmental spreadsheets, as required.
- General administrative tasks, including distribution of post, form production and issue and departmental telephone list, as required.
- Maintenance of departmental staff records relating to annual leave, sickness etc. using current systems/programs.
- Making travel arrangements/internal bookings as required/ requested.
- Basic report drafting, where appropriate, for a limited number of assay types.
- Performs any other related duties as assigned. The individual has a responsibility to conduct all work in compliance with applicable regulatory requirements, and specifically those regulations (GLP and/or GCP) specified in the study plans, protocols, or work agreements governing the work in which they are involved.
Specific Responsibilities with regards to regulatory compliance
The individual has a responsibility to conduct all work in compliance with applicable regulatory requirements, and specifically those regulations (GLP and/or GCP) specified in the study plans, protocols, or work agreements governing the work in which they are involved.