Covance is offering student placement (internship) opportunities running from July 18 to end of June 19. at our Harrogate site as a Metabolism Analyst.
2nd year students studying in a Life Sciences or related degree course, who have excellent communication skills, attention to detail, computing skills and are competent with basic laboratory equipment are encouraged to apply.
As a Metabolism Analyst you will provide support for the day to day laboratory execution of ADME studies, investigating the fate and behaviour of test compounds to support the development of small molecules and biologics.
The scope of responsibilities include study planning and set-up, collecting and analysing biological samples using a range of analytical techniques and routine
procedures associated with the day to day running of the laboratory areas under minimal supervision. You will be responsible for delivery of study data to the Study Director.
- Develop competent basic laboratory skills to support duties in primary area of work
- Follow instructions, SOPs and protocols that apply to current role to complete assigned tasks and projects
- Maintain a clean and safe laboratory work environment and perform routine maintenance
- Maintains study documentation in compliance with regulatory guidelines
- Reviews own work for overall accuracy, timeliness, completeness, and soundness of technical judgment
- Consistently and continuously responds efficiently to requests (delivers high quality output on time)
- Contributes ideas and thoughts to enhance service and improve processes
- Provides constructive feedback to supervisor or team on study progress
- Deliver results within agreed timeframe
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Demonstrates ability and desire to learn and develop self
- Responds positively to requests for information and help from others
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of the need for working with individuals and in teams and contributes to the common goals of the business unit
- Ability to persevere and solve problems as they occur
- Demonstrates a positive attitude regarding challenging objectives
- Informs Study Director and/or Study Coordinator of any unforeseen circumstances that may affect the integrity of the study.
- Works under supervision and guidance of more Experienced colleagues
- Additional hours and weekend work as required
- Mandatory immunisations and screening as required
- Work with potentially hazardous substances and radiolabelled samples
- Heavy lifting and hand/eye co-ordination may be required
- Working towards completion of a relevant Life Sciences (Biology/Chemistry/ Pharmacology etc) degree plus 0-1 years of related practical Experience
- Competent with basic laboratory equipment including balances, pipettes & handling of chemicals
- Ability to utilise word processing, databases, spreadsheets, and specialised software on personal computers
- HO ASPA Modules preferred but not necessary