Covance, a leading global drug development services company, is looking for a Experimental Officer I to join the Immunochemistry team based in Harrogate, North Yorkshire.
Experimental Officer I has a responsibility to work with Study Directors (SDs) and Responsible Analysts (RAs) where appropriate to conduct all work in compliance with applicable regulatory requirements, and specifically those regulations (GLP/GCP) specified in the study plans, Protocols, or work agreements governing the work in which they are involved, being a main point of contact for analysts and Sponsors and ensuring that Sponsor deadlines are met. They are also responsible for the efficient completion of Analytical Procedures within the Immunochemistry Department.
Experimental Officer I provides operational support necessary for the performance of a wide variety of studies carried out in the Immunochemistry Department. Will participate in a wide range of analytical techniques & procedures and working with minimal supervision is required. Will work closely with SDs/RAs to ensure procedures/studies are performed according to scientific and technical standards. The Experimental Officer I will be expected to occasionally provide appropriate procedural and technical training for Immunochemistry staff to develop specific study capabilities.
Experimental Officer I reports to Senior Laboratory Supervisor on a daily basis (a permanent change of supervisor will be documented in training records) and to the relevant SD/RA on a study specific basis.
Experimental Officer I will ensure adherence to the Immunochemistry SOPs and will be responsible for completion of all relevant documentation.
- Supporting the efficient development of study methods within the relevant area.
- As required, providing appropriate training for Immunochemistry staff to develop their skills and the group knowledge base.
- Maintaining a track of study activity and strive to keep projects on schedule.
- Supporting equipment qualification within the Immunochemistry Department. This may include qualification design and Protocol preparation.
- Maintaining files of all relevant documentation for inspection by QA and other Regulatory Bodies.
- Supporting the issue of SOP's detailing specific procedures relevant to Immunochemistry.
A relevant scientific degree and/or an appropriate amount of laboratory experience.
- Computing skills, including word processing and use of spreadsheets (e.g. Word, Excel).
- An understanding of Health and Safety policies, Company Policies and Procedures and an in-depth understanding of GLP and GCP.
- Experience in working in Lab (an asset).