We are currently recruiting for a research analyst within our Metabolism department in Harrogate, North Yorkshire.
As a research analyst you will be responsible for supporting the day to day laboratory execution on a variety of Metabolism studies in order to investigate the fate and behaviour of radiolabelled and non-radiolabelled test compounds in in vivo and in vitro systems. The scope of responsibilities include study planning and set up, preparing dose and vehicle formulations, animal dosing, collecting and analysing biological samples, in vitro incubations, cell culture and HPLC analysis. You will be responsible for delivery of data to the Study Director.
• Develop competent basic laboratory skills.
• Sets up and performs appropriate assays based on the study protocol and in conjunction with the study team.
• Participate in study protocol reviews.
• Participates in study meetings (ie pre-initiation meeting).
• Maintains study documentation in compliance with regulatory guidelines.
• Reviews own work for overall accuracy, timeliness, completeness, and soundness of technical judgment.
• Deliver results within agreed timeframe
• Maintains a clean and safe laboratory work environment and performs routine maintenance.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
You will typically be educated to BSc/MSc or equivalent in a relevant life science subject.
Relevant experience may be substituted for academic qualifications.
Ideally the successful candidate will have experience of working in an analytical lab environment and skilled in the use of all standard laboratory equipment. Experience of Metabolism study types such as ADME, PK, Protein binding, drug-drug interaction or relevant techniques is preferred but not essential You will have excellent motivation, I.T., communication and organizational skills.