Do you value and understand the importance of an animal’s wellbeing?
If so this is a great opportunity to be part of a highly motivated team providing the highest level of care expected by Covance, one of the leading global drug development services companies. This is a permanent contract.
Conducting a wide range of drug development studies, we offer unique opportunities for you to develop your technical skills whilst working with a wide range of species within our Safety Assessment Department.
At Covance, we value all employees equally, because every team member is essential to our success.
On top of being valued and respected, the opportunity for progression is excellent, we invest in your development and will help you to progress along whichever career path you choose which will be both flexible and rewarding.
The job role involves:
• Being responsible for the in-life aspects of toxicology studies in all species
• Performing technical procedures using your home office license
• Recording data to support regulatory compliance and animal welfare
The job can be hard work and physically demanding but you will gain an enormous sense of satisfaction knowing that your contribution is helping new, lifesaving medicines be developed.
To be considered you will:
• Hold or have held a Home Office License
• Be passionate about animal welfare and our industry
• Have previous experience in the Research industry
• Have an enthusiastic and committed attitude
• Be reliable with a hardworking approach to the job
• Like to work in a fast moving professional team environment
• Experience in Reproductive Toxicology Licenced Procedures would be beneficial
As well as full time roles, we also require people who can work weekends and evenings to ensure the continuous work demands are covered whilst enabling our employees to have a good work life balance. Flexible working options are available for this role including 16 hour contracts.
* Terms and Conditions: These will be discussed with you if and when interviewed by a member of the recruitment team and also explained in writing at the time of any offer of employment
Contact us today and see where it takes you!
• Proficiency in both Maths and English; gained through either academic study or professional work experience.
• Educational standard may include an Institute of Animal Technology qualification, a relevant BTEC National/Higher National Diploma or relevant degree.
• The post holder will have successfully gained a Home Office Personal License.
• It is required that the Post Holder will actively manage his or her own continued professional and career development.
• The post holder is expected to be cross trained in the advanced non-licenced procedures.
• Hold HO Licence
• Demonstrated excellent attitude towards work
• Excellent communication, teamwork and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to utilise word-processing software, databases, spreadsheet and specialised software.
• The post holder would be expected to have at least sixteen months experience working as a non-licencee and hold relevant qualifications.
• The ability to work well within a team.
• The ability to meet deadlines
• Fully conversant with the Husbandry Associate role and trained in core husbandry procedures across AHO, successfully completed HO modules licence course, and associated handling assessments.