Covance Central Laboratory Services, a provider of laboratory testing services to support the drug development process, has the following position available in our Mechelen – Belgium facility:
COVANCE is a leading global drug development services company and we provide support to the Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology industries.
We are recruiting for our European Operations Team in Belgium and are currently seeking to hire a Logistics Clerk. This is a permanent, full time position, based in our Mechelen site. The main activities are dry ice production and kit supply distribution across Europe & MEA
Within this position, your duties will include:
- Loading and unloading trucks in a safe manner.
- Ensure the reception of materials; control the goods.
- Verify the delivery receipt and control it with the related Purchase order.
- Ensure that the received material is distributed rapidly to the appropriate storage area or department.
- Ensure stock level (minimum required) and advise the stakeholders to optimize it when needed.
- Store the received materials in the warehouse in the appropriate location.
- Ensure security and healthy environment are respected according to the Covance CLS rules. Use the forklift and other warehouse equipment as per safety requirements.
- Optimize the availability of the space within the warehouse.
- Prepare and deliver the orders placed by the internal departments.
- Follow the standard operating procedure.
- Support the stockholders to supply the material needed for the daily operations.
- If needed help other departments (i.e. destruction of cartons, boxes, dry ice production, kit distribution activity).
- Any others assignments from the Logistics Workflow lead.
- Required: Minimum A2 or equivalent based on experience.
- Fluent in Dutch & English (in both speaking and writing), any other language is an asset
- Driver license for forklift equipment
- Any further Specialization/Certification/Experience within the logistics and/or supply chain field will be an asset.
You will be part of an experienced and highly skilled team. We offers a comprehensive benefits package including health cover and contributory pension.
Covance helps to bring miracle of medicine to market sooner. We offer opportunities to work on diverse, challenging projects with bright, interesting colleagues while building a flexible and rewarding career.
There is no better time to join us!
Please apply with a CV in English