Covance, a leading global drug development services company, is looking for a Study Coordination Supervisor to join the Safety Assessment team based in Harrogate, North Yorkshire.
The Supervisor III, Study Coordination – Safety Assessment is responsible for the team of coordinators undertaking specific tasks in support of Safety Assessment (SA) Study Directors.
The role primarily encompasses management of the Safety Assessment Study Coordinator team (and will include the management of the training, development and daily work activities of these individuals) as well as undertaking the daily functions associated with Study Coordination. General assistance to Study Directors will be an essential part of the role and additional non study specific support may be given to key clients. Additional daily duties will include support of other functions within Safety Assessment Scientific Support.
The individual has a responsibility to conduct all work (and ensure all work conducted under their management) is in compliance with the appropriate SOPs, GLPs, Home Office License requirements and regulatory agency guidelines.
The Supervisor will also undertake specific tasks as directed by management which are not outlined in this job description.
Staff Development/Performance Management
- Full range of recruitment duties
- Ensure new recruits have appropriate training, development and review plans
- Works with training and mentoring staff to plan and ensure sufficient training and development of team members; review training records periodically
- Ensure each team member has an appropriate individual development plan
- Responsible for Employee Engagement
- Full range of performance management duties; ensure each team member receives constructive feedback throughout the year and during the formal PMD process
- Full range of salary administration duties
- Hold regular 1-2-1 meetings with each team member
- Hold regular planning meetings
- Hold regular team (building) meetings
- Authorize time off and overtime, as applicable
- Schedules projects and personnel so that deadlines and financial budgets are met
- Monitor team capacity
- Learn to manage the workload of the Study Coordination team and understand priorities
- Summarize and report individual and team activities to management
- Familiar with cost metrics for study coordination
Study Coordination Tasks
- Oversee tasks associated with Study Coordination
- Undertake Study Coordination tasks as required
- Support Study Directors with Client visits
- Act as a key contact with Global Study Coordinators General Management
- Ensure all work in the team is conducted in compliance with the appropriate SOPs, GLPs, Home Office License requirements and regulatory agency guidelines, as necessary. Monitor and manage quality of work within the team and provide simple measures of performance to the Safety Assessment Leadership Team
- Review procedures followed by the Study Coordination Group; initiate and update SOPs and standard forms, propose changes to P&Ps and introduce new documentation as necessary and assist with the review of procedures followed by the Study Director Group
- For all activities the Supervisor will consult relevant experts as appropriate
- Support the implementation of process improvements within Study Coordination and across Safety Assessment
- Provide training to other Safety Assessment Science staff as required
- Provide backup support for other functions within Scientific Support if required
- Learns and implements departmental policies, procedures and training manuals
- Performs other related duties as assigned