Covance’s work in developing new pharmaceutical solutions has a positive impact on the lives of millions worldwide and there are several great opportunities for you to be a part of this life-saving work.
At our pre-clinical development site in Harrogate, North Yorkshire, we currently have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Senior Study Director in the Department of Genetic Toxicology.
The job summary is as follows:
The successful candidate will:
• Be a scientific specialist and Subject Matter Expert for in vivo assays (Comet, in vivo micronucleus, transgenic mutation assays) within the Department of Genetic Toxicology.
• Be responsible as Study Director for allocated studies as described in GLP and Company policies and take responsibility for the technical conduct of any study as well as data analysis, interpretation, documentation and reporting of results.
• Plan, design and lead a team to conduct complex studies to generate high quality scientific results on behalf of Covance clients.
• Play a key role in developing and marketing new strategies, techniques for new or improved service offerings.
• Monitor critical issues in the area of specialty and keep up to date on regulatory thinking.
This position is suitable for a candidate possessing a PhD with relevant experience of Genetic Toxicology assays, or for a graduate or MSc level candidate with extensive experience.
Previous experience of GLP Study Directing in Genetic toxicology studies is strongly preferred. We would however welcome applications from candidates who have significant research experience in this field.