At Covance your imagination, your dedication, and your drive to find solutions to challenging projects begin on your very first day. Covance is one of the world’s largest and most respected contract research organizations. Our clients are a Who’s Who of the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry.
Join a global team of veterinary clinical pathologists. Due to our continuous growth, we are looking for an experienced Veterinary Clinical Pathologist to be based at our Harrogate site in United Kingdom.
Duties and responsibilities of the role may include:
• Perform the evaluation and interpretation of clinical pathology data from animals exposed to test materials.
• Author comprehensive pathology narrative reports of clinical pathology data while meeting report deadlines.
• Collaborate with anatomic pathologists in correlating clinical pathology and histopathologic findings on toxicology studies.
• Provide scientific and technical advice on clinical pathology to the clinical pathology technicians to ensure accuracy and compliance with protocols and SOP’s.
• Provide training and consultation to the Clinical Pathology and Anatomic Pathology Operations staff as needed.
• Provide experienced clinical pathology support in the interpretation of chemical or drug-related toxicology findings in safety studies.
• Maintain collaborative relationships with internal and external clients in order to ensure client satisfaction with the Clinical Pathology Laboratory deliverables.
• Collaborate with clients, consultants, Study Directors, Study Toxicologists and regulatory officials regarding studies, protocols, procedures, inspections, etc.
• Serve as a mentor to junior pathologists to aid in interpretation and formulate conclusions.
• Review protocols, study designs, data and reports for scientific content and acceptability.
• Perform internal peer reviews of in-house toxicology reports that include interpretations of Clinical Pathology data.
• Provide diagnostic support to the Department of Laboratory Animal Medicine.
• Keep up to date with new procedures, methodologies and technology in clinical pathology procedures.
• Initiate or participate in special projects or develop an area of expertise on an as needed basis.
• Attend scientific meetings and continuing education seminars.
• Participate in process improvement projects.
• Veterinary degree
• Formal pathology residency or graduate studies (i.e. MS, PhD) at an institution in which the training of veterinary pathologists is a primary function or equivalent work place training and experience.
• Recognised certification in veterinary clinical pathology (ECVCP, ACVP, FRCPath).
• Several years of clinical pathology experience, preferably within pharmaceutical/biotech or contract laboratory areas.
• Demonstrated expertise in evaluating clinical pathology parameters and bone marrow smears from nonclinical toxicology studies or equivalent clinical experience.
• Ability to work with other scientists and staff to address scientific issues relating to clinical pathology.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to provide scientific guidance and feedback to technicians.
This role will have limited travel within EU and to USA to Covance sites, conferences and client visits.
Here, you can make a difference, not only by helping to deliver life-saving and life-enhancing medicines to people around the world, but also by helping us become a great company - one that delights our clients with the broadest and best service portfolio in our industry, energizes our people with a stimulating environment and growth opportunities, and rewards our investors with outstanding returns.
If you love the intellectual challenge of working in a fast-paced, results-driven organization, there is a home for you at Covance. There is no better time to join us!
Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. (M/F/D/V). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.
• Veterinary degree
• Formal pathology residency or graduate studies (i.e. MS, PhD) at an institution in which the training of veterinary pathologists is a primary function
• Recognised certification in veterinary clinical pathology (ECVCP, ACVP, FRCPath)
• Several years of clinical pathology experience, preferably within pharmaceutical/biotech or contract laboratory areas
• Demonstrated expertise in evaluating clinical pathology parameters and bone marrow smears from nonclinical toxicology studies
• Ability to work with other scientists and staff to address scientific issues relating to clinical pathology
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to provide scientific guidance and feedback to technicians