Veterinary Pathologist with Scientific Responsibility for Clinical Pathology
At Covance, your imagination, your dedication, and your drive to find solutions to challenging projects begin on your very first day. Covance is one of the world’s largest and most respected contract research organizations. Our clients are a Who’s Who of the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry.
Are you looking for an alternative career outside of diagnostic pathology? Come join a global team of veterinary pathologists focused on providing high quality support to nonclinical studies spanning all phases of drug development. Due to our continuous growth, we are looking for a veterinary clinical pathologist or veterinary pathologist with interest in clinical pathology to be based at our Harrogate site in United Kingdom.
Duties and responsibilities of the role may include:
This role will have limited travel within EU and USA to Covance sites, conferences and client visits.
Here, you can make a difference, not only by helping to deliver life-saving and life-enhancing medicines to people around the world, but also by helping us become a great company - one that delights our clients with the broadest and best service portfolio in our industry, energizes our people with a stimulating environment and growth opportunities, and rewards our investors with outstanding returns.
If you love the intellectual challenge of working in a fast-paced, results-driven organization, there is a home for you at Covance. There is no better time to join us!
Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. (M/F/D/V). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.
• Veterinary degree
• Formal pathology residency or graduate studies (i.e. MS, PhD) at an institution in which the training of veterinary pathologists is a primary function
• Recognised certification in veterinary clinical pathology (ECVCP, ACVP, FRCPath)
• Several years of clinical pathology experience, preferably within pharmaceutical/biotech or contract laboratory areas
• Demonstrated expertise in evaluating clinical pathology parameters and bone marrow smears from nonclinical toxicology studies
• Ability to work with other scientists and staff to address scientific issues relating to clinical pathology
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to provide scientific guidance and feedback to technicians